Natural Health Blog | Candida, Colon Detox, & Intestinal Cleansing

Date: 02/14/2007    Written by: Jon Barron

Candida & Natural Health Remedies

candida.JPG

Question: I have candida. What do you recommend?

Answer: This is the third question today on candida. It's obviously time to post an answer on the blog.

First of all, it's probably worth briefly discussing what a candida infection is. Candida is a yeastlike fungus commonly found in the normal flora of the mouth, skin, intestinal tract, and vagina, which can become clinically infectious in people with compromised immune systems.

Keep in mind, that you can never totally rid yourself of candida. It's present in everyone...always. What you want to do, though, is shut down candida overgrowth -- to push it back to normal levels -- and build up your immune system so that it stays there. To do this, I usually recommend:

• Clean out your intestinal tract with an intestinal detox.
  • Do a heavy metal detox in combination with the intestinal cleanse. Heavy metal toxicity contributes to candida problems. Check out >www.jonbarron.org/detox/barron-report-heavy-metal-cleanse-herbal. Also check out >http://www.baselinenutritionals.com/products/metal-magic.php.
  • Boost your immune system.
  • Take supplements with a heavy dose of garlic and/or olive leaf extract such as Super ViraGon. I suggest starting with a bottle a day for the first two days, then 10 droppers a day for the next two weeks.
  • Oil of oregano and grapefruit seed extract are also useful. Also in Super ViraGon.
  • A product called Kolorex Intestinal Care, which is a specific for candida.
  • Rebuild your intestinal flora with a beneficial bacteria formula (a probiotic) -- that works for you.
  • And of course, diet matters. Candida thrives on sugars and alcohols. At least while trying to get rid of the infection, you need to eliminate all high glycemic foods.

You also might want to consider aloe vera juice, which has traditionally been used for alleviating digestive problems, it gently encourages the growth of friendly bacteria, and soothes irritated tissues throughout the intestinal tract.

Comments

Submitted by April E on
    August 31, 2008 - 6:57pm

I have candida and so does my 19 month old daughter, I am still breastfeeding her so taking on the candida in full swing is hard to do because I have not tried to detox. Should I attempt to balance the candida while still nursing so she can get some of the products in the milk or is it safer to wait. And if so how would I find out proper dosage and balance her candida levels? I have been taking very small amount (1/4t threelac every 3 days along with coral calcium) to try to elviate the candida symptoms but I am worried about any toxins transferring to her. What should I do Please help. I plan to wean her off breastmilk soon but I need to know if it would be better to take care of her candida while still nursing. Thanks for everything you really do spread miracles.

Submitted by Guest on
    June 18, 2012 - 10:16am

Did you ever get a response to your question? I know this post is really old, but I have the same problem with my 10 month old and I. I am desperate to find an answer, but can't seem to find anything! What did you end up doing?

Submitted by BaselineFoundation on
    June 18, 2012 - 2:26pm

The response somehow sits several comments above this.  "Roy: Probably not. Although the cause of sarcoidosis is unknown, there is strong suspicion that some toxic substance (bacterial, viral, environmental) that enters through the lungs plays a key role. Given that trigger, an out of balance immune system may then play the dominant role in the expression of the disease as an autoimmune disorder. As always, regular use of immunomodulators such as CMO, L-carnosine, and colostrum is probably well advised -- as is a complete body detox and an immune system regimen that both builds the immune system and that directly attacks pathogens."

Submitted by Cindy on
    July 30, 2009 - 12:03am

Hi,
    I have a toenail fungus in my right foots big toe nail. It is very red and sore around the area and a little swollen. What products would you recommend?
    Thanks,
    Cindy

Submitted by Elly on
    June 18, 2009 - 11:31am

Hi Jon, First I want to thank you for your wonderful site and the information you provide for everyone. You are truly a wonderful person.
    My question is this. I am a healthy sixty two year old woman. Most people think I am in my mid to late forties. I take no medications.
    In the past I did have a serious yeast problem throughout my system. They said I had Fibromyaliga; only when I did my own research did I find that the symptoms for the yeast and fibro. were about the same. So I treated myself for the yeast and with in a week My tongue went from white to a pale white pink now pretty normal except for the crack in the front which is getting better.
    I feel that is pretty much under control now. I am careful as to what I eat and drink and where it comes from! However, for the past three and a half years I have had a situation. My mid tongue area has a burning sensation. When I sleep at night it is worse, it also feels like my upper chest is on fire. That goes away once I am up and have had something to eat and drink. It scared me so bad when it first started that I went to the emergency room. They took a few test and said there was nothing wrong, everything looked fine.
    I did find an old text from the early nineteen hundreds that talked about woman going through menopause would get this. I have tried to find it again with no avail.
    I see that there are quite a lot of woman that have this but never any mention as to why or the true cause. Do you have any information on this? Or where I can look? I think if I remember the info. I found said it was a nutritional deficiency or vitamin of some kind.
    Thank you for you help.
    Elly

Submitted by Jan on
    January 19, 2009 - 2:21am

Hallo Jon - can you advise on 2 year scalp problem doctors have diagnosed as seborroea (dandruff) which is a form of yeast infection, i later discovered. It is NOT, however, a 'crust' which has formed, but a complete covering of the scalp with tiny granules that are actually embedded in the skin. I have not been back to doctors, and refused the strong chemicals they advised. I then 6 months ago sufferred a complete breakdown in systems, severe liver/kidney pain, suspected gall stones. I refused hospital, and after 8 weeks of severe anc continuous vomiting, with literally no food that would stay down and almost no liquid, fo same reason, recovered. After 65 years of almost perfect good health, i beleive my immune andf several other systems have succumbed to the past few years extreme stress, and i now intend to put this right. Meanwhile, any info and insights on this scalp prob, and what it is? Thanks so much for your site, glad i found you.

Submitted by Janet Matthews on
    January 1, 2010 - 1:53am

Hi Jon,

I have a chronic fungal infection of the toenails and have tried every treatment I can find both oral and topical, to absolutely no avail, in fact they just get worse by the day. However I was intrigued to discover that a recent stool test (done by Metametrix in the UK) showed no presence of Candida in the gut.

My nutritionist has told me that probably the candida is now systemic. I have done some nutrition training myself and was under the impression that Candida remained in the gut even if it migrated to other body systems (in my case this would appear to be my toenails and other the mucosal linings )

I would be interested in your thoughts as this is fast becoming a complex situation that seems to have no obvious conclusion.

Janet

Submitted by Janet Matthews on
    January 10, 2010 - 8:30pm

I know you must be very busy and get lots of questions - but would really appreciate a short response to my question above as it feels as though I will never find an answer to my problem

Submitted by Joe R. on
    March 14, 2008 - 4:58pm

I have stuggle with lung candida for over 2 years. It really started with my lips burning and than my tongue.I have try just about every thing including supplements mention here. Of course I have gone the medical route too. Every kind of specialist too. I am on a low carb diet and have lost about 35 lbs. (use to weigh 155) I am very depressed and at a low point in my life. Where do you think I went wrong?

Submitted by jonbarron on
    April 12, 2007 - 2:05pm

Normally, I wouldn't post a product testimonial on the blog, but I think it's important to see that the protocol outlined above actually works, and besides, not all the products listed are mine. Anyway, this is an email that was sent to Baseline Nutritionals, which they then forwarded on to me.

"I just had to write you so you can pass this on to Jon. For almost a year, I had problems with my digestion with bloating, etc. In Feb 2007 I found out I had Candida (3+ out of 5). After being on Super ViraGon and Kolorex for 4 weeks, I had another test done and it came out NEGATIVE! I also did 2 weeks of Magic Metal and Colon Detoxifier with the Super VirGgon, and, of course, the Candida diet. Unbelievable! I was told that it could take MONTHS to get rid of this infection."

"Please tell Jon that his products and advice saved my life! Thanks.""

May 27, 2007 - 12:42pm

This question was actually answered above.
    Again, candida never totally goes away. It's always present. If you're body is functioning normally, it prevents overgrowth. Ultimately, it's your immune system that keeps candida under control. You know it's under control when you have no symptoms -- assuming the symptoms are actually coming from candida.
    In answer to your question, if you are agressive with the antipathogens(assuming they are of sufficient quality), it is possible to beat the candida back in one to two weeks. Then if you keep your immune system running at peak, it should not come back easily -- even if you eat badly for a few days. With a strong immune system you can be quite abusive in your diet (not recommended, by the way) for quite a long time and still not have candida problems.
    Incidentally, in the supplements you list I don't see any immune builders or probiotics.

July 18, 2007 - 12:54pm

Yes, candida can absolutely move into the esophagus. It's actually quite common in HIV/AIDs patients. And candida spores can make their way into the lungs too. Treatment remains the same.
    As for ThreeLac, give it a try. Then come back and let us know how it worked.

February 23, 2008 - 3:57am

It depends somewhat on which antipathogens you use. Some are more damaging to good bacteria than others. Colloidal silver, goldenseal, and pharmaceutical antibiotics tend to be more aggressive. Garlic, on the other hand, tends to be much kinder to probiotics. In any case, it's best to separate the times you take them. If you're using Super Viragon, for example, take your probiotics an hour after taking the Viragon -- preferably before bed, which allows them time to establish themselves in the intestinal tract. And yes, you can take antipathogens while doing the intestinal cleanse. Just be sure to take them 20 minutes before, or an hour after, using the intestinal detox formula -- to minimize the chances of the detox formula absorbing the antipathogens.

Submitted by jonbarron on
    December 1, 2009 - 6:32am

Roy:

Submitted by Justin on
    September 14, 2007 - 3:22am

Hi Jon,
    Just getting back to you on the Three-Lac thing to report my conclusions.
    It's been a few months on the product, take 2-3 minimum a day up to about 5 total. I believe the stuff does work. But I believe that it's effectiveness is amplified by a multi-faceted approach.
    In other words, concurrent to taking Three-Lac, I also cut out all sugars (things with oses) and even fruits initially. I also cut out alcohol (wines here and there). I also cut out flours, ie. breads, tortillas, etc. I never really had soda or chips type stuff before so nothing to cut.
    But I also took (and still take) your Private Reserve in the afternoons. I instituted some exercise into the regimen and took enzymes with means and proteolytics before bed on an empty stomach (your proteolytics and enzymes).
    This multiple approach took me physically out of the red. Since that time I also then cut out carbs totally and have just had less than about 130g of different meat or fish and veggies - all organic of course. Occasionally I will have fruit between meals. If you don't eat the fruit with the meat then it tends to digest fast which is anti-candida friendly for touchy systems.
    ThreeLac is a definitely winner ... it targets the candida specifically, but like waging a war, its good to have a commander, communications, and other supporting troops on the flanks and I believe the above are the things which helped me to take a multi-faceted approach to resolving my problem (which was definitely systemic).
    By the way, while it is believed that it takes several months to handle systemic candida one can get it under control rather quickly with some changes, like those above. (I haven't reverted to sugars or anything either). And on top of this I lost 30 pounds by changing the eating habits which definitel helps with the elimination of candida.

Pages