Natural Health Blog | Immune System Boosters

Date: 02/10/2007    Written by: Jon Barron

Herpes, Chicken Pox, and Shingles

Question:

I just finished reading your interview with Mike Adams, and I was very impressed with your knowledge, especially about the bird flu issue. It seems Super ViraGon, because it is such a good virus killer, will be a good product to have handy when the bird flu hits. I’m wondering if the Super ViraGon can also be used for someone who has the herpes virus. How would it interact with other supplements such as: Vitamin E, Camu Camu (Vitamin C), whole food multi-vitamin, and coral calcium?

Answer:

HSV is incurable because it "hides out" in certain nerve cells of your body for life. When the virus is triggered to be active, it travels along the nerves to your skin. It then manufactures more virus and sometimes generates new sores near the site of the first outbreak. The good news is that when the virus emerges from the nerve cells, it is vulnerable and can be killed. Using immune enhancers and pathogen destroyers can indeed help to minimize both the number of recurrences and their severity.

There is no problem using Super ViraGon with any of the supplements you mentioned.

As a side note, chicken pox is also a herpes virus that never completely goes away. It too hides out in nerve cells, waiting for the immune system to drop its guard years down the road so that it can emerge as shingles. Using immune system boosters and pathogen destroyers regularly minimizes the chances of shingles' outbreaks. Also, using Immunify topically on shingles outbreaks (in fact, on all herpes outbreaks) can prove remarkably helpful in speeding recovery.

Comments

Submitted by Denise on
    February 4, 2009 - 4:46am

Can you recommend some products for me because recently I had a kidney infection which is gone after taking antibodics. However I now have been left with a urethral caruncle.My doctor only gave me estradiol to take for it.I also have problems with optic nerve pressure at the age of 53,which the doctor says will later turn into glaucoma because of the above and my eye shape. I am also menopausal and dont know what to take for hot flashes, vaginal dryness, mood changes. I appreciate your time and your knowledge is astounding. Thank
    you for your website it is a life saver.

Submitted by Emily on
    April 24, 2007 - 9:44pm

I believe that there is a cure and that it will be found. Plus taking vitamins that boost your immune system do help.And the less stress the better. There are some other good suggestion about it, you may come back to me on my personal blog: http://www.positivesingles.com/blog/hgirlemily

Submitted by Jane on
    October 16, 2008 - 10:15pm

I have a son who is 26 years old. For many many years now he has suffered with cold sores on his lips and blisters on his body. For the past few months he has been getting the cold sores on lips very often. Almost monthly. He puts abreva on, and it helps. One thing we have noticed is whenever his alergies act up or whenever he doesn't feel good or he is stressed about something they come out. I am assuming it has something to do with his immune system. Is there something you can recommend.

July 5, 2008 - 8:50am

The answer is yes and no. Yes, people with shingles are contagious to people who have not had chickenpox. Therefore, people who have not had chickenpox can catch chickenpox if they have close contact with a person who has shingles. However, if you have had chicken pox, you cannot catch shingles itself from someone else. The key to the answer is that chickenpox and shingles are close cousins -- with shingles being a reemerged manifestation of childhood chickenpox.

Submitted by June on
    September 16, 2008 - 12:18pm

Lysine 1000mg tablets/capsules 3-4ooomg daily is a good preventative for herpes virus I and II. I personally take 5-7000mg daily. Carmex may be used on lips and affected facial areas.

Submitted by Kris Jepsen on
    November 9, 2008 - 7:18pm

Hi Jon, I understand that Chronic Fatigue also is related to the chickenpox virus. Is this correct? Is there a cure for CF? Thanks, Kris.

Submitted by pauline worden on
    July 4, 2008 - 3:46am

when you have shingles can other people near you can get them and can kids at the age of 12 or13 get them

Submitted by Elaine on
    March 30, 2011 - 12:05am

hi am female 5'6 128 lbs.age 57 active love outdoors, own 3 horses, own a clothing boutique, i love getting out and doing anything but, i have had the herpe virous for the past 30 years and i feel like its takin the things i love to do in life and put me out of order. i would like the best info possiable to build my immune system so strong i can fight back! i believe my system has been getting weaker by every outbreak to the point of down time for at least 7 days per break out, this happens a couple times per month:( so I am asking for help in building my immune system. any info? thank you for your time and consideration, Elaine

Submitted by Brenda on
    April 8, 2011 - 8:59pm

Elaine - thanks for sharing. I relate so much with you - love of outdoors, horses, etc. I have had herpes for the the last 6 years, rarely getting a break. It certainly has taken a tool on my emotional state. I have tried everything. Would welcome hearing what you learn from your post. Thanks. Brenda

REPLY:

Brenda and others:  Here is a page loaded with information that can also help on top of what is on this post: http://www.jonbarron.org/immunity/health-program-boost-immune-system-flu

Submitted by Peggy on
    September 19, 2011 - 11:52am

L-lysine, is an essential amino acid and when taken on an EMPTY stomach will quickly heal a herpes out break. I seldom ever get them anymore, but when I do, I take L-lysine first thing in the morning on an EMPTY stomach, it doesn't work otherwise.

Submitted by Nancy Jacques on
    May 2, 2014 - 5:14pm

Can you suggest what I should take for shingley?