Liver Detox & Gallbladder Flush | Natural Health Blog

Date: 10/19/2006    Written by: Jon Barron

Missing Gallbladder, Lost Functions

gallbladder.JPG

Question:

I had my gallbladder removed several years ago and just haven't felt the same since. What can I do?

Answer:

You definitely need to make up for the lost functions of the gallbladder when it comes to digestion. You might want to consider using digestive enzymes and ox bile tablets with your meals to aid in the breakdown of fats -- a function normally provided by the gallbladder.

And keep in mind, even with your gallbladder missing, you can receive major benefit from a liver detox. In most cases, removing the gallbladder doesn't actually get rid of the problem -- just the place the symptoms show up. The problem usually is that liver function is compromised and the bile the liver produces is too thick and "sludgy" so it forms stones in the gallbladder before it can pass out through the bile duct. If you don't clean the liver out, the thickened bile will eventually "harden" and destroy areas of the liver, in much the same way it formed stones in the gallbladder.

Comments

Submitted by Adri on
    September 21, 2008 - 9:30am

I am 20 years old. I had my gallbladder removed 5 months ago. I did not have gallbladder disease or stones. My gallbladder genetically was sick. I started having an undiagnosed pain at age 12. The doctors always said that I had a tummy ach or I was thinking the pain up. Thankfully when I was 19 one of my doctors finally figured it out, and 9 months later it was gone. Ever since then I have been pain free, but I have lost ten pounds slowly over the course of 5 months and I do not ever have an appetite. I can eat about 10 bites of I am done. When I do eat I get 20 minutes before I have to go to the bathroom. Is anyone else having these issues?

September 21, 2008 - 9:43pm

It's good to hear you are pain free. Unforutnately, the gallbaldder actually plays an important role in digestion. It regulates the flow of bile, storing in up and releasing it when it is needed by the body to digest fats. Without bile being stored in the gallbladder in sufficent amounts, your body can't handle fats well. You might want to ask your doctor about the possible benefits of picking up some ox bile tablets at your local health food store and taking them with every meal to help compensate for the bile that would normally be released by the gallbladder as you digest your food.

Submitted by jonbarron on
    February 23, 2010 - 7:15am

Unfortunately, the fact that you still have pain after having your gallbladder removed is highly predictable -- and quite common. Check out http://www.jonbarron.org/baseline-health-program/2010-01-11-healing-the-liver-and-gallbladder.php

Also unfortunately, now that the gallbladder is removed, you cannot ""fix"" the situation, but you can only manage it as described above.

Submitted by Justin on
    January 27, 2008 - 12:14pm

An added note:
    If you have had your gall bladder removed it is recommended that you supplement your diet with Bile Salts .... there is a product made by Standard Process (available through alternative doctors) called Cholacol .... more information on this can be found in Alternatives Vol 12, Iss 5 Nov 07 by Dr. David Williams ...

Submitted by Mo on
    February 22, 2010 - 9:34am

After having gall bladder removed..still have pain in the area. A stent was placed and the pain left..until the stent was removed. Doctors say a permanent stent is not possible..what is going on, and what will help?

Submitted by Sharon on
    April 14, 2008 - 6:52am

How come the doctors don't tell you this when you have the gall bladder out? I had mine out 3 years ago. Do I need to be worried about my liver? How do I know if my liver is being effected?