Like women, men too are exposed to the effects of chemical estrogens in their environment. Hormones are the body's chemical messenger system. They tell the various cells of the body what to do -- and when -- by attaching to specific receptor sites on individual cells. Problems occur when various hormones get out of balance, leading to a reduced sex drive to more serious issues such as prostate cancer. Which is a growing men’s health issue, just look at the statistics:
- A new case of prostate cancer is diagnosed every 3 minutes in America and every 15 minutes a man dies from prostate cancer.
- Prostate cancer is the second leading type of cancer among men.
- 11 million men have some form of prostate cancer in the United States.
- African-American men have the highest rate of prostate cancer in the world.
- Survival rates for men with prostate cancer in 1995 were no different than they were in 1965.
- The age at which prostate cancer develops will drop ten years by the year 2000. By the year 2000, prostate cancer will increase by 90%.
Find articles and information on men’s health issues such as dietary supplements, prostate cancer and prostate health and ways to avoid harmful environmental effects:
On prostate health and prostate cancer:
- For Every Man Over 30 - Newsletter
- Vitamin E Does Not Cause Prostate Cancer - Newsletter
- Prostate Cancer & Supplement Use - Podcast
- Coffee Cuts Lethal Prostate Cancer – Blog
- Meat, Dairy and Prostate Cancer - Blog
- Prostate Cancer & Flax Seed - Newsletter
- Flax Redeemed Vis-a-vis Prostate Cancer - Blog
- Science vs. Antioxidants, Prostate Cancer - Blog
- Prevent Prostate Cancer, Natural Health - Blog
- Pass on Prostate Cancer Screening - Blog
- Prostate Cancer & PSA Testing - Podcast
- PSA Testing -- Too Much of a Bad Thing - Blog
- Prostate Cancer Therapy Proven Useless - Blog
On men's health and dietary supplements:
- Progesterone Creme & Hormonal Balancing - Barron Report
- Study On Sperm and Junk Food - Podcast
- Junk Food May Impair Fertility - Blog
- Men and Binge Eating - Blog
- Lower Testosterone Levels in Dads - Blog
- Another Cause of Male Infertility Discovered - Blog
- Testosterone for Women...and Men - Newsletter
- The 30,000 Mile Tune-Up - Barron Report
- PHS-II: Vitamins E, C, Beta Carotene, and Cancer - Newsletter
- Gout, Inflammatory Arthritis in Men - Blog
- The Many Causes Of Impotence - Blog
- Gynecomastia, Male Breast Enlargement - Blog
- The Baseline of Health® - Part 1 - Newsletter
- The Baseline of Health® - Part 2 - Newsletter
- Herpes Can Spread Silently - Blog
- Scary HPV Statistics – Blog
Supporting information about erectile dysfunction: