Day 5: Liver Detox & Gallbladder Cleanse
Detox Program: A Total Body Cleanse
Detox 1: Colon Detox & Intestinal Cleanse
Detox 2: Heavy Metal Cleanse
Detox 3: Kidney Detox
Detox 4: Liver Detox
- Liver Detox Introduction
- Why Do The Liver Detox?
- Liver Detox Tips
- Liver Detox FAQ
- Liver Detox Audio & Video
Detox 5: Blood Detox
Liver Detox & Gallbladder Cleanse, Day 5
If you’ve made it this far, congratulations! Just remember, what you do over the next three days will determine how much of the benefit you retain.
Once again, eat slowly and chew your food well. Don’t overeat. Start small and build to normal portions over the next three days. And remember to wait at least four to five hours after your morning drink on Day 5 before eating.
Here are some dietary guidelines for the next three days:
- Now that you have had your final morning drink, oil is not a problem. You can also start having flax oil or flax seed again if you want.
- Any salad combination is okay (organic if possible). Homemade olive oil dressings work best. Avoid dressings containing dairy. As much as possible, avoid commercial dressings made with refined vegetable oils.
- Use lettuce or spinach and sprouts of all kinds.
- Add avocados, zucchini, onion, artichoke hearts, palm hearts, shredded carrots or beets, mandarin oranges, raisins, or dried cranberries if you like.
- Fresh fruit salad works too.
We’ve received a number of questions concerning the last day of the detox, so let me answer them all at once here.
When and what can I eat today?
You can start eating about four to five hours after you have your morning drink. Start with small salads and fresh fruit today (organic if possible). Tomorrow, you can incorporate some steamed vegetables. Same with the next few days, you’re back on your own — hopefully with a little more discipline.
Can I have olive oil with my salad today?
Absolutely. Now that you have had your final morning drink, oil is not a problem. You can also start having flax oil or flax seed again if you want.
When can I resume taking my supplements such as Men’s Formula, Ever Young™, Kombucha tea, etc.?
You can start the day after completing the detox. If it’s good for your body, put it in.
I didn’t notice anything special while on the detox. Is that good or bad?
Congratulations! You and Jon are in the same place–he never notices anything, either. Most likely, your liver was not overly toxic nor packed with stones. On the other hand, it’s possible that you only got a partial release this time. Once you’ve done two to three detoxes with no significant side effects, you can be fairly sure that your liver is basically clean. But keep in mind, the reason Jon keeps doing two liver detoxes a year is to keep things that way.
I didn’t see any stones in the toilet.
We hear from many people that they’ve seen “horrible” things floating in the toilet–but many notice nothing. That’s not unusual. In many cases, the stones are too small to notice — or too few. Also, psyllium, which makes the elimination of waste much easier, tends to encapsulate waste and makes things harder to see. Also, keep in mind that people often confuse the little “soap” beads that the body can make out of olive oil in the intestinal tract as stones. On the other hand, the fact the body produces “soap stones” doesn’t mean that it isn’t also flushing real gallstones. In the end, it’s not what you see that’s significant–it’s how you feel. Wait until the first few days after the detox and then evaluate. Do you feel lighter and cleaner? Is your breathing a little easier, less mucousy? Does food taste better? These are the tangible results you’re after. If nothing else, were you able to break some bad eating habits or lose some of that extra weight you picked up over the holidays?
Again, congratulations to all of you who made it through to the final day of the Detox!!! And in case you need it one last time, here are the daily instructions (but by now you may have this memorized, or heck, just use the chart!)
Day 5 Upon Wakening
1. First thing on rising, drink 8 oz. of pure water to flush your digestive tract.
2. Then, consume 4 droppers of Blood Support™ and 4 droppers of Liver Tincture™. Note: A dropper equals 1ml, as marked on the dropper.
3. Turn on stove and simmer Liver Flush Tea™ for at least 20 minutes. Then turn heat to as low as it can go to keep the tea warm for you to scoop out as needed throughout the day.
1 Hour Later
Morning Flush Drink. Make and drink the Morning Flush Drink using the same instructions on Day 1 or the Recipes page, with the following changes:
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed organic orange juice (juiced or store bought)
- Juice of one lemon (use lemon squeezer)
- 5 Tbsp. organic extra virgin olive oil (Wahoo you made it to 5 tablespoons!)
- 1/2-1” organic fresh ginger root
- 5 cloves organic garlic
- 8 ounces of pure water
15 Minutes Later
Fifteen minutes after consuming your Morning Flush Drink, follow with 2 cups of the Liver Flush Tea™. Note: You may sweeten the tea with Honey or real Maple syrup. Be sure to strain out any small tea bits before adding to your cup to drink. Continue to keep the Liver Flush Tea on the stove at the lowest heat throughout the day.
1. Consume 4 droppers of Blood Support™ and 4 droppers of Liver Tincture™. Note: A dropper equals 1ml, as marked on the dropper.
2. If it has been 4 to 5 hours since your morning drink, you can now start eating real foods by following the guidelines at the top of this page…just eat slow and CHEW to slowly wake up your digestive system.
If you still have any tincture left, continue to consume 4 droppers of Blood Support™ and 4 droppers of Liver Tincture™ three times a day until the bottles are empty. Note: A dropper equals 1ml, as marked on the dropper. Discard any remaining Liver Tea, or continue to drink if you like.
CONGRATULATIONS! We hope that you have enjoyed your full body detoxification journey to optimum health. Continue to read the detox tips for the next two days and learn how to rebuild your system in the following weeks.